Monday, September 11, 2006

Pegasus


I would just like to take this moment to go back a few episodes to "Pegasus".
I just thought it was one of the episodes of Battlestar Galactica worth mentioning, as it is one of the only ones that make you sympathetic to the Cylons.
In this episode, we see a different side of Cylons. Or should I say the way humans treat them. We find Number Six locked up in a room in the Pegasus, beaten up almost to death and abused. Gaius' expression is very touching. It is one of the first time that we see a sympathetic reaction from him for someone other than himself. It shows how horrible the actions of the crew were on Number Six.
In addition, they almost get to Sharon. Major Thorne tries to rape her before being stopped by Helo and the Chief. I found myself rooting for the Cylons and suddenly realized why they would want to eliminate humans.
It seems that nothing is always black or white. Sometimes things are grey.

No comments: